An exciting career opportunity has arisen at Enright Environmental and we are looking for an experienced Commercial Gas Service & Maintenance Engineer to join our team and work with both our existing and future client base.
Enright Environmental is a family-run HVAC business based in the North East that provides heating, ventilation, mechanical services and cooling solutions to businesses and commercial properties across the region.
With over 50 years of experience, we provide cost-effective, bespoke systems for our client’s unique requirements, prioritising energy efficiency.
We supply, install, and maintain a range of solutions including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, evaporative cooling, renewables, hot and cold water services and pipework. Our team is gas-safe registered, and we work in accordance with industry regulations in order to provide excellent customer care and build lasting relationships with our clients.
Blaydon, Tyne and Wear
Hours of work
£38,000 – £42,000 subject to experience.
We are currently seeking a dedicated commercial gas engineer to join our team. As a commercial gas engineer, you will work independently or alongside our engineers to install and maintain mechanical services and HVAC systems in commercial premises.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows but are not limited to the list provided:
- Carry out regular service and maintenance of commercial gas equipment.
- Complete remedial works.
- Diagnose and repair faults on commercial gas appliances.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Carry out installations of commercial gas equipment and systems, including new installations and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Digitally record accurate records of work carried out, including service reports, installation documentation and gas safety certification, reporting any issues or concerns.
- Work closely with our team of engineers and office staff to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
- Assist in the ordering and inventory management of parts and materials.
- Respond to emergency call-outs.
Essential attributes, skills and experience
- Non-domestic gas qualifications.
- Industry-recognised plumbing/mechanical qualification.
- Proven experience in commercial HVAC installation, service and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of commercial gas equipment such as warm air heaters, radiant tubes, commercial boilers, process oven burners as well as other HVAC systems, equipment, and materials.
- Diagnostic skills and the ability to fault find.
- Good electrical and controls knowledge.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make accurate decisions.
- Excellent communication skills for effective customer and team interaction.
- Self-motivated and organised, with an eye for detail and high standards.
- IPAF License (Training can be provided).
- Full UK driver’s license.
The successful candidate will be provided with:
- A company vehicle.
- Full uniform & PPE.
- A tablet and/or phone.
- Salary £38,000 – £42,000 subject to experience.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- In-house health & safety training and certification.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to join a long-standing family-run company with an ever-growing variety of clients.
This role is ideal for a Commercial Gas Engineer who is keen to work as part of a close-knit team and continue to develop their career.